How do freight invoices work?
Carriers produce a freight invoice, also called a freight bill, to summarize a transaction. It details the freight, shipper information, point of origin, and any applicable charges. Those receiving goods will sign the freight invoice to accept the delivery. Shippers may also choose to sign freight bills before loading.
How do I get a freight invoice?
- Download your free freight invoice template.
- Consigner (seller) and consignee (buyer) information.
- Add the date of shipment.
- Add origin and destination points.
- Add the number of packages, description of the freight and the volume, weight or other measurement.
What is a trucking invoice?
A trucking invoice is a document companies use to bill their clients for services rendered. This could include transportation of goods, storage fees, or other trucking services the company may offer.